The health departments of Yamhill, Marion and Washington counties continue to report rising cases of COVID-19 the past few weeks in the Portland region. During this time, the leadership and team members at Friendsview have maintained strict precautions and administered testing of team members and residents to ensure the safety of the community.
The most recent round of testing was administered on November 18. With a third of the results received as of November 24, one positive case of a team member has been confirmed. The community has worked with the Health Department to conduct contact tracing, and will continue to communicate to residents, families and team members when changes and update occur regarding COVID-19.
Also, the Executive Order issued by the Oregon Department of Human Services restricting all visitors from entering the community is still in place and is expected to be extended. Adhering to this order prevents potential spread of COVID-19 and aids in the health and safety of both residents and the community at large.
Friendsview will continue to be vigilant with precautions and mitigation protocols that include:
- Wearing a mask correctly over the mouth and nose at all times in common/public spaces.
- A face shield is not a substitute for a mask.
- Maintaining a social distance from other people (at least 6 feet).
- Washing hands frequently and using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Advising team members and residents to postpone holiday gatherings until a reliable vaccine is widely available.
Friendsview is so thankful for the continued expressions and support from the Portland area and wishes everyone a safe and blessed Thanksgiving.