In consultation with the Oregon Health Authority and the Department of Human Services, Friendsview is implementing the following:
Only essential individuals are allowed beyond the main building lobby.
Essential individuals are defined as:
- Facility staff
- Outside medical personnel
- Adult protective services staff
- Licensing/Survey staff
- Long Term Care Ombudsman and Deputies (staff, not volunteers)
- Friends and family members visiting at end of life (a resident on HOSPICE)
- Friends and family who are essential for the individual’s emotional well-being (as reviewed and approved by the Social Services Coordinator, Sara-Maria Stites, 503-554-7521)
Essential visitors who meet the screening criteria must:
- Limit their movement within the facility to the resident’s room
- Limit surfaces touched
- Use appropriate PPE – gown, gloves and mask
- Limit physical contact with resident
- Limit visits with resident to two (2) visitors at a time
Through March 25, 2020, non-essential visitors who have traveled to see a loved one in the main building may do so in the main lobby fireplace room.
100% of individuals entering Friendsview will be screened each day they enter, including staff and other Friendsview residents, with criteria provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Department of Human Services (updated as needed).
- Therefore, entry to Friendsview is now restricted to the Main Lobby entrance only (all doors continue to allow emergency exit)
- All screenings must be documented
Recreational Therapy’s Community outings are hereby discontinued until further notice.
- Residents are not precluded from embarking on their own outings but should be advised of the risks involved
Virtual visits via FaceTime and Skype can be arranged between residents and visitors who have been denied entry by contacting Sara-Maria Stites, Social Services Coordinator at 503-554-7521.
If you want more information, please visit the CDC’s website about Coronavirus (COVID-19) or the Oregon Department of Public Health’s Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have any questions about Friendsview’s precautionary measures, please email Director of Residency Planning, Frank Engle at email@example.com.