Welcome to Friendsview!
With two campuses nestled on 27 acres of gardens, trees, and lush foliage in Newberg, Oregon, Friendsview Retirement Community is a picturesque setting for retirement living near Portland and right next to George Fox University. With a variety of senior housing options and retirement homes to match your way of living, Friendsview is the ideal place to call home.
For over 50 years, Friendsview has been serving the needs of seniors looking for a comfortable, secure, friendly, faith-based retirement home community. As a not-for-profit community, Friendsview is operated with the needs and best interests of the residents in mind. Our continuing care concept provides for your needs today and tomorrow, right on campus. What’s more, we are a registered “Type-A” Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), which means that if your needs change during the time you live here and you need a higher level of care, your rates will stay stable, even though you may require additional services. This continuum of care offers you and your family peace of mind.Read More
Frank Engle Jr., Friendsview’s marketing director, says, “A move to a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), such as Friendsview, empowers retirees to move forward with their life/dreams.”
Such a move also brings:
- time to travel and pursue other lifelong interests
- financial stability
- maintenance-free living
- a variety of educational, recreational, cultural and entertaining activities
- minimized reliance on government payments, particularly Medicaid
- an entrance fee model that presents an insurance-like, risk-sharing dimension unique to not-for-profits
- access to health services on all levels: residential (assisted living), nursing care, memory loss
- maximized use of residents’ resources
- the best of managed care
- carefully tailored services to individual residents, including a variety of meal plans
- services to keep residents as independent as possible for as long as possible
- security and peace of mind
- freedom for families from making stressful end-of-life decisions for their loved ones
Visit the Why We Chose Friendsview page, to read testimonials about why other people choose Friendsview, a CCRC not-for-profit retirement community. Call 503-538-3144 for additional information.
|Services & Amenities
Our on-campus services for residents make living at Friendsview Retirement Community a great choice for active living. Find out more about what Friendsview has to offer its residents.
|Type-A Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC)
Our Type-A life care model is the only one of its kind in Oregon and provides residents and families with an additional level of peace of mind, knowing how to budget and plan for future needs.
|Our Mission & Values|
The Mission of Friendsview Retirement Community is to provide active residential living and quality continuing care to seniors in a Christ-centered community.