Friendsview is a place for thinkers and doers, learners and growers. It opens its doors with warmth and acceptance and gives back to the world with service and passion.
Of all the senior living Life Plan Communities in Oregon, we’re inspired by our Quaker heritage and values that welcome all. We’re an authentic, faith-based senior living community that combines enriching opportunities with relaxed, small-town living. Here in the heart of picturesque wine country — just 25 miles southwest of Portland and 65 miles from the spectacular Oregon coast — you’ll share a kindred spirit of fellowship as you set a pace that’s all your own.
Audit a class or mentor a student at George Fox University. Serve on one of our many resident-led interest groups or committees. Enjoy an invigorating aerobics or line dancing class. Pick up a paintbrush in an art class. Attend a performance at the Chehalem Cultural Center or at GFU’s Bauman Auditorium, known regionally for its excellent acoustics or a fun throwback night at the Newberg, Oregon, drive-in theater. Fitness classes like tai chi, yoga, aerobics, line dancing, joint health, core cardio health, balance and ping pong competitions. Spend the day shopping in McMinnville. Walk to your favorite restaurant in downtown Newberg, or savor a chef-prepared, made-from-scratch meal in our dining room.
Whatever fills your heart with joy, you can do it all here.
Above all, we’re a Life Plan Community (also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community) where you’ll have peace of mind knowing you have a secure, financially sound plan for the future.
Explore our senior living community campus through our interactive map.
Enjoy an Abundance of Services and Amenities
If you were at Friendsview, you could be sharing a robust lifestyle full of purpose and pleasure. We highly encourage all our residents to get involved to shape the future of our dynamic Quaker retirement community. We have so much to offer, and it’s all designed to keep you active, happy and healthy.
Come enjoy amenities and services like our:
- Two on-campus fitness centers with a certified fitness coordinator
- Fitness classes like tai chi, yoga, aerobics and line dancing
- Free memberships with Chehalem Aquatic and Fitness Center
- Healthy dining options to match your preferences
- Many resident interest groups and committees
- Support and spiritual life groups
- Lifelong learning and mentorship opportunities at George Fox University
- Numerous nature trails around campus and Hess Creek Canyon
- Arts center and sewing room
- Cultural programs, art classes and social events
- Outings for theater, cultural, social and community events
- Partnership with Chehalem Cultural Center
- Worship services and Bible studies
- On-campus library and access to George Fox University library
- Great golf courses, stream and lake fishing, and picturesque parks are all nearby
- Volunteer opportunities on and off campus
- Computer lab
- Convenience store and gift shop
- Residential and community garden spaces
- Transportation for shopping and appointments
- Woodworking shop
- Hair salon
- Guest accommodations
- Laundry facilities and services
- Game room
- On-site bank
Enriching Opportunities at George Fox University
Since our founding in 1961, we’ve enjoyed an organic relationship with our neighbor next door, George Fox University. This bidirectional transfer of knowledge among residents and students is a treasured opportunity to grow together, shape futures, participate and share one’s skills and talents — both on the GFU campus and ours. There’s also a whole lot of fun to be had, too.
Explore the ever-growing list of programs, events and opportunities with George Fox University:
- Auditing classes and enriching lifelong learning
- Cultural, musical and theatrical events
- Bruins sporting events
- Foster Friends program with GFU women’s basketball team
- Seminars and lectures with professors and outside speakers
- Mentorships with students
- Student- and professor-led programs
- Participation in extracurricular club activities
- Volunteering with the engineering, physical therapy, psychology and nursing programs
- Raising money for scholarships for students who work and volunteer at Friendsview
- Priceless intergenerational experiences
Nationally Acclaimed for Intergenerational Programming
Friendsview is proud to be recognized by LeadingAge as one of the top four senior living communities in the country for its intergenerational programming.
The organic nature of programming and daily life at Friendsview is an intentional culture that was named as a vehicle for connecting residents to the broader community, enhancing well-being for both youth and older adults, reducing ageism, and promoting workforce development.
Collaborations with outside organizations like George Fox University, Newberg High School, Chemeketa Community College, Newberg Parks and Recreation, and Chehalem Cultural Center have led to long-standing relationships and shared resources that benefit all.