Our focus on physical, spiritual, emotional and mental wellness and senior health is at the core of our mission and influenced by Quaker values. It’s what empowers all our amazing residents to reach their highest potential.
At our active Quaker retirement community, it’s about having the right opportunities to enrich the human spirit, bringing joy, harmony and purpose to lives. It’s about opening minds to new ideas and experiences. Embracing creative endeavors and having the chance to share those gifts with those around us.
It means fostering significant relationships and a closer connection to our surroundings. Striving to balance our inner needs with the rest of the world. It’s about being inspired to learn and grow while serving together in a way that contributes to a healthier community for all.
Opportunities to Live Life Well
Below are just some of the lifelong learning and wellness offerings we provide to keep you active, healthy and whole:
- Two on-campus fitness centers with a certified fitness coordinator
- Fitness classes like tai chi, yoga, aerobics, line dancing, joint health, core cardio health, balance and ping pong competitions
- Memberships with Chehalem Aquatic and Fitness Center are included
- Healthy, made-from-scratch dining options
- Over 35 resident committees
- Lifelong learning and mentorship opportunities at George Fox University
- Numerous walking trails around the campus and Hess Creek Canyon
- Woodworking shop
- Arts center and sewing room
- Cultural programs, art classes and social events
- Outings for shopping, theater, cultural and community events
- Worship services and Bible studies
- On-campus library and access to George Fox University library
- Volunteer opportunities on and off campus
- Support and spiritual life groups
- Strategy games such as bridge, mahjong, canasta and trivia
- Resident and community gardens
- Computer lab
- Activity room with pool tables, table tennis and Wii games